Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vol 30



It's the first time in years that I've made a New Years Resolution.
My resolution was my read 52 books.
That's a lot for me.
I have to try all genres/styles of books.

After work today, I went to Barnes and Noble and purchased Debbie Macomber's new novel The Man You'll Marry.
I'm not going to write a review on it.
But I loved the whole magical wedding dress bit.
Very...comical and scary if you're the one to recieve it.

So right now I have 1 book down. 51 more to go.
This is going to be hard.
My mother could read 52 books in a week.
I can barely read 52 pages in 2 hours.

There was a snow storm two weeks ago, and I was trapped in the house.
I read Nalini Singh's "Guild Hunter" series, depsite my utter dislike for Vampires.
I will admit that Dmitri was very charming, more so than Rapheal.
I actually liked the novella (Sara's story) more.

I also read book 8 of the Merry Gentry series, last month.
Only a few weeks passed, so Merry hasn't given birth to her 6-dad-having twins, yet.
Galen, that canon fodder, is becoming smart and strong.
That was good to see.
Rhys was displaying a bit more leadership.
That was also good to see.
Barely any Mistral.
THAT was NOT good at all.
Shloto, Doyle, and my main man Frost, they were also good to see.
And Kitto.
Not really sure what the hell the overall point/plot of this book was, but it was fun to read.

Then there was Choices and Blindsided, by Tammy Williams.
Adored all the characters in these two books.
Andrew and Justin were very endearing.
Norris on the other hand had a tendency to refer to himself in the third person.
Weird.

I have two books coming in the mail this week.
4 books coming in the mail in Feb.
One book that is released in Feb.
One book released in March.
After that...I have no clue what to read until July, and I might be in Japan in July.
52 seems like a very hard goal for ME to reach.


I'm on break from school.
I take 5 classes next semester.
It's called a shit outside.
And I received a Holiday card from my host family in Japan, today.

0 comments: