Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Vol 156

Wow. This turned into one large rant. And I had to stop myself so I can go to bed. Clock is springing forward tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Don't Google Santorum

What ever happened to separation between church and state? I know it refers to the government not interfering with religion, but shouldn't that work vice versa with religion staying out of government? I believe it was Romney who said America wants a president that is American, not Muslim. I can only laugh at statements such as this because one is an ethnicity and the other is a religion. Not the same. But isn't one of the allures of the USA equal opportunity for all it's citizen? I do believe that it is. I'm pretty sure it is. With that being said...

Maryland has just passed the marriage equity law that will allow gay couples the right to marry. (claps) About time. HOWEVER, before the law can even be signed in ink, I think it was signed in pencil ((WTF!)), the process of an appeal is already in order. A lot of protesters say things like "god made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." It's against all things Christianity/the Bible stands for and blah blah blah. Uh...so is a lot of stuff, but I don't see anyone protesting those things...Except Rick Santorum. And we can see how that turned out. (Warning: DO NOT GOOGLE SANTORUM.) 

The even more simpleton saying is, "It's not right?" What's wrong about it? I'm a heterosexual female and I find AB.SO.LUTE.LY nothing WRONG with gay marriage. It has nothing to do with me. My life will not change in the slightest because this law has passed and two people I either know or don't can now marry. And for some reason, it's mostly men (at least that I've had this conversation with) that are against this. That is also statistically proven. Men are a lot more creeped out about homosexuality than women. Unless of course they're watching two women get busy...but that's not a discussion I plan to go into. 

But isn't this kind of a contradiction? What right does religion (specifically Christianity) have in law if law has no say in religion? Everything is about religion now and that's just a bunch of habba-flabba. This country is "supposed" to be a melting pot. A land made and functioned by a cornucopia of individuals from backgrounds all over the world that bring their differences and cultural values with them to make this a better place. That's also a bunch of habba-flabba. 

The real reason of protest is because people are too narrow-minded to understand that which is different from them. We don't like different. Everyone should be the same gray blob. That's what we want this land to be. A land of manufactured gray blobs. People don't take the time to learn that if there can be an infidelity gene that explains why men have the tendency to cheat, there can also be a gay gene that explains why people are psychologically, emotionally, and physically attracted to someone of the same sex. It doesn't even have to be on a DNA level. Psychologically, we are not born with a predisposition to mate with the opposite sex. We are born with the predisposition to mate and also to reproduce. It's 2012. You no longer have to be heterosexual to reproduce. There are a ton of option out there that can take care of that little issue. We do not all come out with the same psychological traits. You often hear people say "it's a conscious choice. You can change it (being homosexual) if you want to." Okay. That's like a straight guy saying, "If I want to, I can sleep with another man and really like it..." Think about it. 

I don't even want to get into the birth contraception topic the current Republican candidates are speaking of. Of all the matters in this country that can be discussed, THIS is what's important? Really? It's now legal for doctors in Arizona to LIE to pregnant women about the nature of her pregnancy in order to reduce the abortion rate. Insurance companies should not be allowed to cover birth control pills and the likes. What about when the teenage girl is forced to have sex by an older man or women who are just brutally raped? They can't go, "Hey, wait, stop before you continue to take away my freedom to deny you this pleasure you are seeking against my will and put on a condom so I can be protected from unwanted pregnancies and other STD's because I certainly can't afford to take care of a baby. The billboard on Wilkins Avenue says that it cost $782 dollars a month to take care of a baby and my allowance is only $27 a week."

0 comments: